John Wayne Airport anticipates a busier-than-normal travel period from Friday, June 28 through Sunday, July 7 during the Fourth of July holiday. To make traveling easier during this period, follow these travel tips:
Travel Tips for Passengers and Visitors:
- Passengers are reminded that fireworks are prohibited and should be left at home.
- Arrive 90 minutes to two-hours before the flight departure time to find parking, check luggage and go through the security checkpoint. Passengers who are members of TSA PreCheck can expedite the screening process in Terminal A.
- Visitors to JWA during this holiday period should be aware of ongoing construction activities around the Riley Terminal, exercise caution when navigating Airport roadways and follow posted speed limits.
- Drivers picking up passengers at the airport are encouraged to utilize 2-hour parking spaces, located on the lower level of parking structures A1, B2 and C, as some portions of the white curb are closed due to construction.
Parking Options at JWA:
- Curbside Valet Parking for $30 per day, located on the departure level between Terminals A and B, or in front of Terminal C.
- Parking structures A1, A2, B2 and C are located adjacent to and directly across from the Riley Terminal at a rate of $20 per day and $2 per hour with the first 15 minutes being free for those dropping off and picking up passengers.
- Off-site Main Street Parking Lot located at 1512 Main St., Irvine for $14 per day with free shuttle service to/from the Terminal every 15 minutes.
- For parking availability call 949.252.5200 or for directions to JWA, visit: http://www.ocair.com/parking/parking.htm.