OCBC’s major goal is to foster job creation, increase private investment and enhance county revenues through the implementation of a countywide economic development strategy. The strategy focuses on maximizing the standard of living of the county’s residents, providing economic opportunities for the county’s businesses, fostering a competitive environment and positioning the county as a highly competitive region for business opportunities. The strategy will emphasize industry sectors with high-growth potential and offering high paying jobs.
- Understand the tangible drivers of economic growth
- Understand key opportunities for regional growth
- Reduce risk factors in the local economy
- Implement a plan to harness and capture our share of growth
The committee has welcomed a variety of high-level speakers to provide insight into Orange County and the nation’s economic development opportunities, including:
- Tom Morton, Executive Director, Anaheim Convention, Sports & Entertainment
- Diane Long, Executive Director, California-China Office of Trade and Investment
- The Honorable Jun Niimi, Consul General, Consulate General of Japan in Los Angeles
- Janet Wang, Principal, EB5 Direct Investments, LLC
- Paul Duncan, Regional Director, Orange County Export – Import Bank of the United States
- Kish Rajan, Director, Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development
- Sachiko Yoshimura, Chief Executive Director, Japan External Trade Organization
- Courtney Wiercioch, Deputy Airport Director, Public Affairs, John Wayne Airport
- Shunji Nakamura, Senior Vice President, Mitsubishi Power Systems Americas, Inc.
- Donald B. Snyder, Director of Trade Development, Port of Long Beach
- James Mayfield, Commercial Officer / Acting Director, U.S. Export Assistance Center
Committee Meeting Schedule
All meetings are held at OCBC Offices from 9 to 10:30 a.m. Log in to register online for committee meetings.
The Economic Development Committee consistently provides timely presentations and informative speakers throughout the year. Click on the presentations below to view.
- The Data Driven Organization
David Savlowitz, CEO, Competitive Analytics
- Internet Marketing Association
Sinan Kanatsiz, Chairman and Founder, Internet Marketing Association
- Solar Decathalon 2015
Craig Reem, Director of Public Affairs and Communications, City of Irvine
- Online Fraud Update
Matt Ehrlich, Product Management Director, Fraud and Identity Solutions Team, Experian
- Legislative & Regulatory Activities Involving Cyber Security
Bob Bowen, Associate General Counsel, Government and Regulatory Affairs, Western Digital
- Five Steps to Security
Sherman Cancer, Channel Development Manager, Microsoft Community Connections and Cloud Service
- Boeing Operations in Orange County
Tom Croslin, Vice President, Southern California Engineering Design Center
- 2015 OCBC Economic Development Committee Initiatives
Matt Petteruto, Vice President of Economic Development, Orange County Business Council
Jocelin Jimenez, Economic Development Specialist.
All committee meetings are open to OCBC members and invited guests only. Not a member? Talk to Vice President of Investor Relations and Business Development Natalie Rubalcava to join Orange County’s leading voice of business.
Looking for a seat at the table? Subscribe to our eNewsletter to receive committee updates and learn about what you can do to get involved.