OCBC’s major goal is to foster job creation, increase private investment and enhance county revenues through the implementation of a countywide economic development strategy. The strategy focuses on maximizing the standard of living of the county’s residents, providing economic opportunities for the county’s businesses, fostering a competitive environment and positioning the county as a highly competitive region for business opportunities. The strategy will emphasize industry sectors with high-growth potential and offering high paying jobs.
- Understand the tangible drivers of economic growth
- Understand key opportunities for regional growth
- Reduce risk factors in the local economy
- Implement a plan to harness and capture our share of growth
The committee has welcomed a variety of high-level speakers to provide insight into Orange County and the nation’s economic development opportunities, including:
- Tom Morton, Executive Director, Anaheim Convention, Sports & Entertainment
- Diane Long, Executive Director, California-China Office of Trade and Investment
- The Honorable Jun Niimi, Consul General, Consulate General of Japan in Los Angeles
- Janet Wang, Principal, EB5 Direct Investments, LLC
- Paul Duncan, Regional Director, Orange County Export – Import Bank of the United States
- Kish Rajan, Director, Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development
- Sachiko Yoshimura, Chief Executive Director, Japan External Trade Organization
- Courtney Wiercioch, Deputy Airport Director, Public Affairs, John Wayne Airport
- Shunji Nakamura, Senior Vice President, Mitsubishi Power Systems Americas, Inc.
- Donald B. Snyder, Director of Trade Development, Port of Long Beach
- James Mayfield, Commercial Officer / Acting Director, U.S. Export Assistance Center
Committee Meeting Schedule
All meetings are held at OCBC Offices from 9 to 10:30 a.m. Log in to register online for committee meetings.
Jocelin Jimenez, Economic Development Specialist.
All committee meetings are open to OCBC members and invited guests only. Not a member? Talk to Vice President of Investor Relations and Business Development Natalie Rubalcava to join Orange County’s leading voice of business.
Looking for a seat at the table? Subscribe to our eNewsletter to receive committee updates and learn about what you can do to get involved.