ReOpen OC Safely was developed in collaboration with Greater Irvine Chamber of Commerce, North Orange County Chamber of Commerce, Anaheim Chamber of Commerce, Santa Ana Chamber of Commerce, and Visit Anaheim as a resource to prepare to safely reopen for business as the county continues to respond to the COVID-19 crisis.
The State of California has issued “stay at home” emergency orders, but is slowly reopening business segments, subject to restrictions, with modified operations, click here to learn more.
Regardless of your industry sector, OCBC recommends that businesses begin planning to reopen, consider guidelines of the Center for Disease Control (CDC), state, county and local guidelines (which may be more restrictive), and plan to ensure the safety and well-being of employees, customers and all those interacting with your business.
Note: Many draft guidelines will be changed as new information is obtained. Stay engaged.
Three Steps to ReOpening Your Business Safely
(according to the OC Health Care Order)
1. Find your industry-specific checklist:
2. COMPLETE and POST your industry-specific checklist: All businesses, industries and entities that reopen in Orange County must complete and post their corresponding industry-specific checklist at a location visible to the public at the public entrance of each property.
3. Complete and POST an attestation: All businesses shall complete and post a document visible to the public that the owner attests to having:
- Performed a detailed risk assessment and implemented a site-specific protection plan;
- Trained employees on how to limit the spread of COVID-19, including how to screen themselves for symptoms and stay home if they have them;
- Implemented individual control measures and screenings;
- Implemented disinfecting protocols; and
- Implemented physical distancing guidelines.
Attestation for Use
For questions, please contact Jesse Ben-Ron, OCBC VP of Workforce and Economic Development.